Re: [TCML] Spark gaps, Solid state switches and diodes

Hi Miles,

This is pretty much what all SISG's are doing. The circuit will work the same in either configuration. And in all SISG's, the cap charge time will set the bps as based on the current (like any coil) unless your triggering it.

The "real magic" is the SISG circuit itself which is a "voltage controlled solid state switch" similar to a static gap. Guys like Terry Fritz, Mark Dunn, and a few others are where the brilliance is located. Adam is also running a 6 board setup. Finn has gone as far as converting the SISG into a triggered bps and has even made the dragon sing not too long ago! That's where the brilliance is! My coil is a bare bones simple SISG. So for my coil, your half right (simple).

Take care,
Bart

miles waldron wrote:
Bart's configuration makes more sense and also works better. You control the
SISG break rate by varying the inrush current to charge the capacitor. Once
the capacitor reaches the critical voltage, the SISG discharges through the
primary coil. Simple, and brilliant!

buildingthefuture@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx