Re: [TCML] Secondary self frequency

If that SRF is loaded [couldn't really tell from his first note] I agree and I agree with the question about whether the base is grounded.

Ed

Ed -

Andrew's secondary dimensions are 4" OD, with a winding length of 22".

With his 4.5" X 18" diameter toroid installed, he is measuring a resonant frequency of around 515KHz.

This seems far too high a frequency for a coil of these dimensions WITH the topload installed; something appears to be wrong.

Regards,
Herr Zapp