Re: [TCML] Frequency limitations of CM600HA24H

Dave Leddon skrev:
I'm in the design phase of building a CM600HA24H based DRSSTC and it was my intention to reuse a secondary/toroid from a previous coil with a combined resonant frequency of 75 kHz. However the data sheet for this IGBT claims an upper frequency range of 20-25 kHz which is much lower. So, faced with the prospect of winding a new secondary with many turns of relatively fine wire to drop the frequency down to the specified range, I though I would query the list to get a consensus of what other users of this device were able to achieve.

Dave
Pleasanton, CA

All,
Mine, the "Thumper", resonates in the lower thirties, when properly streamer loaded.

Cheers, Finn Hammer