RE: [TCML] Flat Spiral Primary

Iron/steel and galvanized iron/steel has extremely poor conductivity as compared with copper.  High conductivity is very important in the primary circuit.  Use only copper.

Copper tubing is easily and neatly spliced if you need to extend what you have.  Just insert a ~1" long piece of clean brass #10 screw or threaded rod halfway into the two ends; heat and solder.  The screw will keep the two pieces of tubing aligned and ensure a sturdy joint.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA