RE: [TCML] Please help with my non-working tesla coil.

Hi Chester,

With the spark gap, it’s a little blurry and difficult to understand the image without something for scale.  It looks like the pipe segments are just secured to a base with one cable tie each?  It looks like they'd move about if you just touched them.  And I don't see any connections to the pipes.

The fact that you get 5" sparks means that you're at least in the ballpark with the tuning.

Are you saying the primary was half way up the secondary?  Not good.  You didn't say what the shape of your primary is, but if it's a flat spiral (recommended), it's typically roughly at the same height as the secondary's lowermost turn.

Please post some more photos, showing the overall hookup wiring, primary & secondary, cap, etc.  The more you show us, the better we can comment on it.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA