From: "Tyler Pauly" <rpggod714@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 1, 2009 7:43:55 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [TCML] Inductor Construction

Thanks guys for all the info!

Two quick follow-up questions:

Is the volt/turn ratio something to follow strictly? Would it be better to under or overshoot the ratio if I had to? Just curious where it comes from.

And I can't seem to find the flower tie wire you speak of, Jim. Do you have a link? I'll try to think of some ways to insulate welding rods in the mean time.

Tyler

------------------------
Hi Tyler,

I don't quite understand your wire question. If you are asking if can you
splice the segments together - sure - just open the cable and remove the #8
segments, solder, and heat shrink the connections.

I remember a suggestion that you may want to consider: Not insulating the
rods creates eddie currents and subsequent losses and heat. Now you may be
able to pour some vanish in the tube (coat the inside of the tube with
grease or something to keep the varnish from sticking). I think a better
idea suggested was to use flower tie wires which is painted green and comes
in precut lengths! Mild steel is good.

Do a search on flower tie wire and you should get lots of hits.

Jim Mora