[TCML] Pole Pig Cap

I'm still brainstorming on my choice of tank cap for my 10 kVA pig.  The goal was to run it around 12-14 kVA  by means of 240V 50-60A.  It will be limited by a ballast inductor of 10 gauge wire wound around a PVC form with individually insulated welding rods inside.  I will soon be testing the ballast to see if the 10 gauge can take short run times without going up in flames.

As to the capacitor choice, I'd love to go with one of DC's .1 mfd 80kV caps but I just can't afford one at the moment.  I looked at the standard 37667 Maxwells but I don't think I'm comfortable with running single cap strings, as the 35 kV rating just isn't high enough for comfort, unless someone else has run w/o problems?  MMC's seem to be out of the question as well, unless there is some cap I haven't yet found.

However, all of the above thought process was assuming trying to get ~.1mfd.

I recently came upon documentation of STR caps.  I was scanning the archive for STR caps with pole pigs, and I can't really find much.  What is the consensus on having a STR cap?  I was hoping for something around .04-.05 mfd.  Cres looks to be .092 mfd for 60A input and .0767 mfd for 50A.  However, these C values don't take into account the L of my ballast, which seems to be important.  I don't know how to do this...

What I could find on STR's usually associated them with ARSG's; why is that?  I had planned on using a RSG.

If STR's are an accepted cap choice, this would really help cut costs; since I'm still technically a poor college student, I can't really drop 750 dollars on capacitors.

Thanks guys for all the help.

Tyler