Re: [TCML] Re: Coils at Maker Faire

Interesting.But it got nothing to do with tesla transformers and you forgot to mention frequency of the transmission :)

Dex
--- lod@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

From: Greg Leyh <lod@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TCML] Re: Coils at Maker Faire
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 11:19:35 -0800

Hi Ed,

The 'Roadster' was thrown together in a weekend for Maker Faire; we
didn't quantify it's overall coupling and efficiency like we did the
experimental coils.  A wild guess would be on the order of ~10%.

Just stumbled across this video the other night.  This is without
question the state-of-the-art, at 82% overall efficiency:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O44WM1Q9H8

-GL