Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 12:04 AM
Subject: Re: [TCML] charging reactors

What about a straight, stick-shaped core? Think in terms of an old-style induction coil, but with only one winding. This would greatly simplify homebrewing, as bundled iron or steel wire could be used for the core, and the winding would be a simple solenoid. Isn't a straight core like this more resistant to saturation than a shell-type core?

Cheers,

Greg