RE: [TCML] Spark gaps (again)

Richard Quick did NOT invent or post anything about hyperbaric gaps.  He did publish drawings and how-to texts about cylinder (TCBOR) and air-blast gaps.

If getting close to first-notch quenching is the goal, then a multi-segment cylinder gap is what you want.  If minimizing gap losses is the goal, then a single-segment gap is what you want.  I believe that achieving first-notch quench and minimizing gap losses are mutually exclusive goals.

Jim, have you actually seen (i.e. scoped) first notch operation with a single segment gap?

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA