RE: [TCML] 1 Mhz ,1 kw

Measuring spark gap losses is certainly a worthy goal.  I assume that you would be comparing different types of spark gaps - the objective being to determine which results in the least losses?

To do so, I would think that one should minimize other losses, so they don't color the overall losses and results.  Capacitor dielectric losses and inductor skin-effect and proximity-effect losses will be significantly higher at 1 MHz.  Were I to attempt to quantify spark gap losses, I would do so at the lowest practical frequency.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA