From: "Jeff W. Parisse" <workshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [TCML] Brent Turner Playing "Thor" on History Channel
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 08:58:35 -0700

There are tons of sound stages in Southern California where a coil of
Brent's size could be run. The answer is insurance... Brent doesn't have
insurance and that is why production companies are especially careful when
filming stuff he does. Several years ago Ripleys Believe it or Not set up
cameras so far away that the arcs couldn't be seen with the long lenses and
had to be drawn in.

Safety: When Brent does it, it is safe... When anybody else does it (even
with Brent's gear as Danielle Stampe proved on Wild West Tech when she took
an accidental head arc on camera) it is not so safe IMO.

Another example of "not so safe" would be Criss Angel's accident on camera
when his shark suit leg separated from his bootie. His crew didn't want to
pay our rental charges and taped together a real shark suit. Criss now uses
us for all his Tesla coil stunts (Cirque du Soliel Believe in Las Vegas) and
bought his suit from a company that "certified" it (whatever that means).

Jeff