[TCML] A Novel Approach to Ball Lightning

Hi All,

I've been messing with a design concept. I basically built a 1/2 scale replica of NT's flat coil as many know. As I've looked into primary coils for this secondary, there are problems with the standard rim grounded scenario (problems deal with coupling, practicality, top load sphere or toroid placement, etc..). After enough time of goofing around with various configurations, it occurs to me that this particular coil would do better with a center grounded configuration.

Here's the secondary:
http://www.classictesla.com/flat/Img_3462_fast.jpg

It appears that if a say 2" toroid is placed around the perimeter of the secondary (the secondary fits like a center disc to the toroid in the middle), then most of the problems go away. The primary can then suit decent turns and various cap values. The center ends up at ground, the primary placement can be both on top and bottom on each side of this flat coil near the low voltage end. So, that's not too difficult to imagine.

But then I was imagining the entire secondary center to a large sphere with the primary and secondary internal to the sphere. Looking something like this:
http://www.classictesla.com/flat/BallLightningMay52009.gif
The secondary is horizontal in the center spanning the sphere diameter. There is a PVC tube in the middle and a flat primary 5" above and another 5" below the secondary.

Ignoring the obvious implications of ROC and ignoring how to pass wires into the sphere, I was wondering how the internal coil would react. I expect sparks would issue from the sphere to the primary coils internally, but then, I started questioning myself.

So I thought I would write the TCML and get your opinions on such a design.

Any comments?

Regards,
Bart