[TCML] Capacitor Questions

Hello:

I have questions regarding a couple capacitors that I have:

1) The first capacitor is a Sprague type 45P5 "Vitamin Q" rated at 0.012 mfd. @ 25,000 VDC. It physically measures approximately 2.5-inches in diameter and 6.5 inches long with end caps threaded for 1/4-20 thread. It is an oil filled capacitor that has a glass cylinder with metal end caps. I understand that some capacitor dielectrics do not take kindly the rigors of Tesla Coil operation and overheat. I wondering if anyone has used a capacitor of this type? This one would use for a future coil if it is acceptable.

2) I plan on building a table top coil using a 5kv @ 20 ma. NST soon. I keep looking at a capacitor that is on my bench that I believe was from an older IBM computer monitor. It is made by ERO and is 9000pF+80-20%/20KV. It actually measures 10,300 pF which is great. Physically, it is potted unit in a 1.5x1.75x2.75 plastic case with a insulated HV lead and a "ground" lead. Are capacitors like these acceptable for a small coil or should I forget it and go with a MMC?

I would appreciate your input on the feasibility of these two capacitors.

Thanks,
Bob Deuel, K2GLO