Re: [TCML] Secondary freq w/ scope (discussion continuing) Thank you!!

Many thanks for the pointers to help!

I really appreciate it.

[We can close down this branch off the topic now.]

Terry, at some point, I want to buy you a drink ...

-- thanks again, all...

Dave

In a message dated 5/29/2009 8:36:01 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Yes, I  second that. I also built a TCT way back when. It's a straight
<snip>

Lau,  Gary wrote:
> You can make a dandy "Tesla Coil Tuner", designed by Terry  Fritz, out of
a single CMOS 555 >
<snip>

Plans/documentation is at
http://www.classictesla.com/hot-streamer/TeslaCoils/Misc/TCT/TCT.htm

>  Regards, Gary Lau
> MA, USA

Dave -

Please see my communications (below) with another TCML member regarding
"tuning" a TC with O'scope, signal generator and digital frequency meter.

First, see:
 _http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/teslatutorial/MEASUREMENTSPR.htm_
(http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/teslatutorial/MEASUREMENTSPR.htm)
for the physical test setups.

However, rather than trying to build an RF signal generator, a much simpler
 approach may be to build Terry Fritz' "Tesla Coil Tuner", a very simple
(10  parts) "resonance detector".

For derails, see:
_http://classictesla.com/hot-streamer/TeslaCoils/Misc/TCT/TCT.doc_ (http://classictesla.com/hot-streamer/TeslaCoils/Misc/TCT/TCT.doc)

Regards,