RE: [TCML] SRSG phasing techniques

I don't believe that using a fluorescent light strobe to phase the electrodes to any predetermined point in the AC mains cycle is useful, as the optimum setting is highly dependant on the cap size, variac setting, NST power, etc.  The only useful way is through trial and error - see what works best for your particular setup.

The process is tremendously simplified if you can vary the RSG phase in real time as the coil is operating, either by rotating the motor in its mount, or by using John Freau's electronic phase control, using a small variac and a motor run cap.  My SRSG page is http://www.laushaus.com/tesla/sync_gap.htm, and describes the phase control circuit.  It looks like I no longer have the link to John's web site; perhaps he can chime in with a new link.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA