Re: [TCML] newer tesla coil parts

Shaun -

You wrote:

"I'm using 50 watt resistors for the 1Kohms, I can't get ahold of the 100w versions, does anyone on the list have some for sale?"

Digikey has Vishay/Dale 1K Ohm, 100W wirewound resistors in stock at at $7.15. See P/N HLC-1.0K-ND.

I hadn't noticed this before, but Dale also offers these resistors in a non-inductive model (NHL series) using Aryton-Perry winding technique. Digikey doesn't stock these, but they might (theoretically) be superior to the highly-inductive conventionally-wound resistors.

You'll find that 50 watt resistors will likely run VERY hot with a 60ma NST, and may require a cooling fan to survive.

Regards,
Herr Zapp