Re: [TCML] Help with high school Tesla coil

Hi, It looks like that is a drsstc and not a standard sstc.  We are going to
need some more info on your coil in order to help you.  Can you post some
pictures of the driver board along with the H bridge board and the dials of
the remote control.  Your problem could be a number of reasons but for now
im going to list some obvious ones.  You might have your "ON" time or duty
cycle set very high meaning the coil will pull much more power then if it's
set to a low duty cycle and you risk blowing your igbt's.  Another thing i
can think of is the shootthrough on your igbt gates causing one igbt to turn
on before the other is completly shut off and this will act as a direct
short across your supply rails for a very short time.  By any chance do you
have or does your school have a scope that you have access to because that
will make debugging much easier.

John.