[TCML] A single-resonant s.s. input ckt

Greetings all-

For general interest, I've put up a simulation-schematic + waveforms for my in-progress new input circuit, at http://drop.io/kch_ring_brg. (Also shown is my previous s.s.t.c. when it was in operation--now, hopefully, to be resuscitated.) Click once on an image to enlarge it--& sorry for the fuzziness.

This will be--as was the original one--a single-resonant t.c. with feedback taken from the secondary return. This ckt processes that return-signal. I'm almost done with the building of the whole thing, using the secondary & toroid I had before.

At the left in the ckt is simulation of the secondary, at the point where it has just developed 5KV of voltage. It's delayed 100 us in the simulation to show the onset of feedback. Other simulation of the whole ckt indicates that I will need a 90 deg. phase-shift (as I did in the previous one), which is effected in this simulation by C3.

The logic ckts are isolated from earth gnd by TX1, and the "pilot oscillator" is included to get the feedback going (for that 5 KV). Notice, in the waveform dwg, that feedback commences ~25 us after appearance of the 5 KV, very nicely entraining the U2-gate output in sync with the secondary voltage and swamping out the pilot-oscillator's input. In the real ckt, I include a MOV across TX1's primary to limit the voltage there to 25 or so.

Ken Herrick