Re: [TCML] Solid state efficiency, was: mini Tesla coil specs

Hi
The trianglular current is the current through the leakage inductance of the
primary. When you apply a square wave voltage to a n inductor you'll get the
triangular wave form, at pi/2 out of phase with the applied voltage. I
suppose the gradual change to sine wave is due to enegry being transfered to
the secondary during 'ringup', which of course looks like a RLC resonant
circuit, which will have a sinusiodal shape. With an untuned primary the
triangular 'magnetising' curent componenet will always still be there I
think.

Cheers,
Jesse