Re: [TCML] Pros and cons

If you have a lot of experience with electronics, o-scopes, etc., then a
solid state coil is good choice especially for performance.  If you go this
route I would strongly encourage using a "proven performance" set of PCBs,
as layout of components, trace routing, etc is very critical in DRSSTC
designs.

A standard RSG type coil is much easier to construct and requires less
"fiddling" with the tuning, component setup, etc.

Dr. Resonance