To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, November 28, 2009 12:59 PM
Subject: [TCML] Re: Pros and cons

From:
David Rieben <drieben@xxxxxxxxxxx>

To:

Re: [TCML] Re: Pros and cons

Date:
Fri, 27 Nov 2009 07:33:31 -0600

Fez,

Jim Lux has already pointed out the main differences between
SG and SS Tesla systems but the long and short of it is that if
you are looking for the simplest one to construct, the SG driv-
en coil wins hands down. Amazing strides in SSTC performance
have been made in just the last decade and the dual resonant
solid stae Tesla coil (DRSSTC) design would likely be the
clear winner in spark length vs. wall plug power draw, assuming
that the system is fully tuned and optimized, but DRSSTCs also
require considerably more electronics skills to construct than
does a classic spark gap driven system.

So it comes down to how honed that you think your electronics
maintenance construction skills are as to which type of coil that
you decide to construct.

David Rieben

David,
Please,bear in mind we DON'T want to make tesla coil for generating crescendos of HV-HF sparks emanating from the top of a secondary coil. Matter of fact we don't want to make any spark at all.Our goal is to make tesla coil which will serve for the purposes of testing HV equipment to oscillatory transients.

Regards,
Fez