  From: Timothy VanSusteren
  To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 15:16
  Subject: [TCML] Advice

  Hello,

  I built a TC when I was in my teens starting with a neon sign transformer and loved to show it to friends.

  Earlier this fall, my 13 year old son was struggling to come up with a science project and I suggested building a TC similar to the one I built many years ago. He loved the idea and completed the proposal. His science teacher insisted that it was too dangerous and so we found a website for science fairs offering plans for a 12 volt battery power ignition coil- automotive points model. I paid for the plans but never received them.

  I am not an electrician nor an engineer. I have searched everywhere to find plans for a low voltage TC or kit but have not been successful. Can you offer any suggestions or at least point me in the right direction.

  Timothy and Peter Van Susteren