Re: [TCML] My Hemisphere/Toroid with Unconnected Top Sphere results

Tonight I was able to get the bottom hemisphere/toroid connected directly with the top sphere using this "collar", a 2-1/2 turn coil of 0.25" copper tube, just large enough diam. to fit the sphere on top touching metal to metal, and connecting to the top of the hemisphere as well.   And good results achieved - and the primary coil tuning was identical to the turns calculated for just the hemisphere/toroid alone.     (Previous attempts through normal means to connect the sphere to the hemisphere would not end up with poor results - meaning no manner of retuning would help. )    Seems to me the mystery deepends ?????????

Video of results:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L96fk-Jueec

Picture of "collar":  http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee64/ncc1701_photos/tech/my_tesla_coil_hemi-toroid_sphere_CO.jpg

Peter