[TCML] (somewhat) high speed plasma photos from coil/capacitor interactions

Evening all;

http://casuallethality.com/?p=683

Friend Mike Kennan and I have been experimenting with discharging a
relatively most capacitor bank (100uF, 4.5kV) with a relatively modest
Tesla coil (rotary gap, 8kV/60mA primary).

Above are some (I think) interesting photographic results. All are light
triggered, "ISO" 3200 1/3000 and 1/4000 digital SLR shots - the camera is
triggered by a sensor/microcontroller combination (the flash of the bank
discharging).

To me the most interesting is the first, with two fairly luminous areas
and one probably very recently luminous (far left, next to topload).

Care to conjecture on the forces at play here?

--
Josh Bailey (josh@xxxxxxxxxxxx)