RE: [TCML] Extremely cheap (surplus?) doorknob capacitor source?

What do you want to do with your Lineac?

There used to be a wonderful series at Scientific American (back when they
did real science) called The Amateur Scientist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amateur_Scientist

They had a nice small Lineac built around a Van DeGraff generator.  This
design could be scaled up or down and they provided not only the design but
how to do the vacuum system (critical) and construction techniques (also
critical).

There was a book that may be available through your library system.

There is also an amazing collection on DVD for under $30

http://www.brightscience.com/

Good luck!
Dave