Re: [TCML] pics of new coil

It is indeed aesthetically pleasing. I always liked the look of the spherical tops. Something about it is reminiscent of the days of Tesla. I look forward to pics of when you get it sparking.

Becky

----- Original Message ----- From: "Norman Stepp" <ndsteppii@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, April 18, 2010 2:34 PM
Subject: [TCML] pics of new coil

http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab115/ndsteppii/smallcoil1.jpg
http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab115/ndsteppii/smallcoilcloseup.jpg Let me know what you think. This is my attempt at
building a coil that is aesthetically pleasing.
The box was built from cutting board. The concealed secondary
is wound on 2" PVC, 12" high @ around 1150 turns.
The spark gap is 1/8" tungsten. There are 4 adjustable
tap point selectors able to tap any of the 14
primary turns in 1/4 turn increments (my favorite touch).
Not quite finished yet, for gap quenching I was
thinking of drilling a 1 1/2" or so hole in the box
centered with the spark gap and mounting my fan or
blower inside the box w/ a nice switch on the front.
also a couple of connectors on the back for high
voltage in. (hopefully i can at least fit the caps
and the fan in the box:^). Also deciding on a power
source maybe a 9/20 or 9/30?