Re: [TCML] 120 VAC 10 KVA Reactive Primary Amperage Consumptions

Since I am working in the power/utility engineering arena now, and one
of our clients builds substation transformers up to 100MVA(+);
I'll ask a few contacts concerning power draw at these power levels.
Be aware, a 115kV to 4.16kV three phase transformer will have a
"slightly"
different (yea right) impedance envelope then a pole pig.  Unloaded
burdens on transformers, if the magnetic path has little leakage will
generally
be less then 5% of FLA, and I've seen values on small transformers
below 1% with a well designed unit.

--
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR/HEAS
Chesterfield, VA USA