Re: [TCML] Capacitor differences

I believe there is are differences in construction that make the 942
design more robust for Tesla Coil operation
regardless of the lower voltage rating.
Below are snippets from the CD datasheets;

""Type 942C round, axial film capacitors utilize a hybrid section design of
polypropylene film, metal foils and metallized polypropylene
dielectric to achieve
both high peak current as well as superior rms current ratings. This
series is ideal
for high pulse operation and high peak current circuits.""

""Type 940C round, axial leaded film capacitors have polypropylene film
and dual metallized electrodes for both self healing properties and high
peak current carrying capability (dV/dt). This series features low ESR
characteristics, excellent high frequency and high voltage capabilities.""

Im sure one of the real experts can explain what they are in detail, I
sadly cannot, not yet anyway...