Re: [TCML] Looking for decent LCR meter - ideas?

Hi Dave

I use a B&K 878B handheld I originally got to help tune radio circuits and figure out the value of unlabeled components I got at the surplus store.  For coiling, I think a handheld model is far superior in usability to a bench model.  It's been pretty valuable when squirming around on the garage floor trying to get readings.
 I'm sure the bench models are far more accurate.  But are you going to haul one out to where your coil is (unless it's small and on a bench)?

To be totally honest about it, I only use it to  get inductance measurements.  I use a Fluke scopemeter or DVM for everything else.  But it works for that.
Cheers,
Joe