Re: [TCML] Re: Dummy load for optimum cap size Experimentation

Hi Bart,

I had been using a Cadmium Sulfide photocell, which changes resistance as a
function of light.  I see that you're using a photovoltaic cell, with a
varying output voltage.  I just tried that.  With a voltage output, I can
fashion a much more effective R-C low-pass filter to smooth out the
variations.  I'm sure there's a way to use the CdS cell and build a LP
filter for that, but it's not jumping out at me.  With the Photovoltaic cell
and filter, it's still not rock-steady, but a about a hundred times better
than before.  Maybe if I play a bit more.  Thanks for the idea!

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA