From: "Dan Casaregola" <ag2z@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 1, 2010 6:26:36 PM
Subject: [TCML] VA formula

I have a MMot,(read Monster Microwave Transformer) which I want to estimate the VA rating of, and I lost my notes re volt-ampere calculation using the core area squared. This beast weighs 25 pounds, and is very well constructed. No welds, all 1/4 20 hardware, and 1/8 inch steel mounting brackets. Ideal for re-winding for heavy duty inductor or high current low voltage supply. Would appreciate the formula. Thank you. Dan