From: Rick <hyperparasite@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TCML] sealing coils/Dolph's AC-43
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 11:26 PM

Hello,

I am trying to select a sealing compound for my first secondary.  In reading various sources of ideas, I have concluded that any number of different materials would do an effective job (i.e. polyurethane, varnish, polyester and epoxy resins, Behr 50 Super Build, etc.)  The motor rewinding shop where I purchased my wire could supply me with some Dolph's AC-43, but when I inquired about it they reminded me that it is intended for a dip and bake heat curing process.

Is it possible to use this Dolph's varnish to seal a wound coil without heating it to 350 deg F?  Or will it simply never dry completely if not cured by heat?

Any advice or anecdotal experience with coil sealers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick