[TCML] Flashover Follow

I searched the archives and have read through the posts found regarding
flashover or racing sparks.  My conclusions are that changing the top load has
little effect in most cases, changing the bang rate can provide relief if it is
not set properly and the only approach proven successful is decoupling for a
lower k coefficient.  Did I miss any?

I increased power and have seen this effect a couple of times.  I want to
address it before I continue any testing and potentially causing damage.  Of the
many methods I read on how people decouple their coils my preference would be to
raise the secondary (verses cutting out primary turns, unwinding turns of the
secondary, etc...) Are there any opinions on one method verses another?

Thanks,
Miles