Re: [TCML] How To Turn A Vacuum Cleaner Motor Into A Synchronous Motor -

All the vacuum clean motors I have all have brushes.  I can vari the speed with a variac.  This things turn some unreal RPMs.  I use all my vac motors to build Variable Speed Vacuum Fan Spark Gaps.  As I crank up the speed spark length gets longer and longer I can dial in maximum spark length in about 5 seconds.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h292/mikeweaver/gap2.jpg