[TCML] Cornell Dubilier Caps and Flybacks for Sale

Hi everybody,
My wife says move some of my stuff or she's going to move. So, I'm selling
off some CD caps for building MMC's and some LARGE flyback transformers I
recently located. I am doing my best to adhere to the rules about
advertising. If I mess this up, I apologize to the moderators. Here are the
details, caps first.

I have 50 of the Cornell Dubilier capacitors part number 940C20P33K for
sale. These are rated .33uF at 2000 volts.

Please do *not* confuse these with the Cornell Dubilier caps that are part
number 940C20*S*33K that are rated .033uF 2000 volts and are on the list of
caps not recommended for MMC's. Note the slight but extremely important
differences in part numbers and capacitance. They are easily confused.

There was a long discussion on the list about these caps a few months ago,
started August 8, 2010 under subject MMC caps, and Steve Ward said that he
has used these caps to successfully build MMC's to use with his Tesla Coils.
This is what Steve wrote:

"There is nothing wrong with the 940C caps, look at the data sheet,
understand the specs. You most certainly can use the 940C's, and most of the
MMC "design" guides i (sic) see are honestly stressing the caps well beyond
the data sheet specs in terms of voltage, and possibly current, since i dont
(sic) think many people bother to even calculate that. So while not exactly
interchangeable with the 942's, the 940's do work fine for TC's, you may
just need to use more of them in parallel to handle the peak current.
Sometimes (if you work out the designs details) the 940C caps are more
economical..."

There's a litlle bit more, if you would like to read it, look it up in the
archive, which is where I got this quote.

On the Mouser web site, these caps sell in quantities of 1 for $5.56 and in
quantities of 25 for $4.98 each plus shipping. I will sell these in a
minimum quantity of 10 for $3 each plus shipping. Please, I do not want to
sell odd lots and wind up stuck with just a few caps.

Flyback Transformers:
I have 100 of the old style, open frame, flyback transformers I recently
located and purchased. Three of them are currently listed on eBay as item
numbers, 290509339815, 290509339815, 300501772171. You will find all of the
specs listed there for those 3.

I have about 40 of these that are very large, with coils that are larger
than 3" in diameter and over 1" thick. They also have substantial ferrite
cores that are 3.5" tall by 3.25" wide and are .625" thick. I have been
buying and selling flyback transformers for a couple of years now and they
have been getting increasingly difficult to find and the prices have been
going right out the roof, especially for the really big ones like these. I
have sold about 10 of these now for anywhere from $50 to $75 each. It is
hard to give exact prices and dimensions because almost all of them have
slight differences in dimensions.

So, to make this easier and only for members of the list, what I've done is
break them down to 3 sizes, small, medium, and large determined by the
diameter of the coils. The large ones have coils with diameters greater than
2.6". Medium ones have diameters between 2.0" and 2.59" and small ones have
diameters less then 2".

I have sold the large ones to TCML members for $36 plus shipping and if
anyone contacts me and says they are members of the TCML, I will honor this
price. I have sold some of the medium size ones to members for $25 each and
this price is good for all members, too.

I haven't really gone through all of the smaller flybacks yet and don't have
a price set. Over the last couple of years, though, I sold over 100 of some
small flyback transformers for $16.95. They were smaller than the small ones
I have now but these will not be priced any higher than that.

If you are interested, please take a look at the ones listed on eBay first,
they will all close tomorrow. Sorry about the late notice. If you miss them,
take a look the next day because I will list some more that are very similar
to those. Also, contact me off list and I will answer any questions you
might have and I can send pictures or, you can go ahead and buy them!
Thanks.
Think Positive
Paul