From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Rick
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2010 8:41 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TCML] help with biasing a tetrode for VTTC

I've been studying the websites of Steve Ward and John Freau in an effort to
put together a VTTC.  The vacuum tubes I have on hand now are tetrodes
(4-400A style), and I am not clear on what I need to be doing to bias the
screen, and/or grid.  Perhaps I would have been better off starting out with
some triode tubes...

If I connect two such tubes in parallel, will I be alright with one filament
transformer matching the electrical specs for the particular tube, or does
each tube require its own plate transformer and a different connection
scheme?  Pardon my ignorance on the subject.

I note that these tubes were intended to be used with an air-cooled socket.
Any ideas out there on cooling the tubes?  Would a muffin fan be sufficient,
or do I need a more directed airflow up from the base of the tube?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
01:34:00