RE: [TCML] Tesla coil keeps shutting off

It's really hard to troubleshoot without at least being in the same room, but - what kind of cap do you have?  Could it be that the cap develops a short after operating for a certain period of time?

For the RQ gap - what's the total gap spacing?  Just wondering it you have it set too wide.

Can you draw a spark between the NST HV terminals after things stop working?  How long after you shut it off, do you need to wait before it works again?

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA