Re: [TCML] Safely Grounding a Tesla Coil

Brandon Hendershot wrote:
Hi jim,

Okay, so my setup is on my window ledge, which isn't very big, but big enough. It's not big enough to throw a 6x6 foot piece of chicken wire though. Does the counterpoise have to actually be under the coil, or was that just for demonstrational purposes? If I could put it in the front yard and run a wire through my window, that would be best.

No... you're better off with smaller, but under the coil. You want to avoid long wires. If you're on the ledge, what about something 3x3 feet or so?