From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Brian Hall
Sent: Sunday, February 07, 2010 8:36 AM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TCML] CRT wire - harvesting safely

I managed to get the CRT out of a little old portable TV, with a 4 by 5 inch
screen, and it has lots of lovely copper wire that I want to get out and use
for a secondary coil.  I know these tubes are under a vaccum of sorts and I
will have to melt off a bit of glue and bend off some posts with pliers, so
should I pop the tail end of the tube before I start trying to extract the
wire?  If so what is the safest way to pop a tube or otherwise get at that
wire?

Brian Hall

23:22:00