Re: [TCML] Safely Grounding a Tesla Coil

Sorry, my electronic training didn't include hole flow.  Only electron flow.
----- Original Message ----- From: "jimlux" <jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, February 07, 2010 4:45 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Safely Grounding a Tesla Coil

Tim Wenzel wrote:
I would take all of the counterpoise info with a grain of salt, however. Designing a Tesla coil as one would design an antenna might not be the correct method. We do not want our coil to radiate (transmit), we want to shunt the RF energy to ground. Making a solid connection to mother Earth is what we are after, providing a current path back to the source. Right?

Wrong... you want the current to return to the "bottom" of the secondary, not mother earth. Running the currents through mother earth, especially if it takes a long wire to get there, just makes for troubles.