From: David Sharpe <sparktron01@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [TCML] 1/4 wavelength theory ??
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 13:15:03 -0500

Paul

I suspect the connection you are alluding to is that the "driver
secondary + transmission line" acts as a 1/2 wave transmission
 line (current drive <> current drive with some impedance
matching) into the remote resonator that should 1/4 wave length
at system operating frequency.  If that is true, an electrical
high stress "node" would (should) appear mid-way up the
driver secondary.  I've coupled drivers at tight at 0.6 and
never have experienced racing sparks from mid coil to
either end.  So maybe my throught process has run into
the ditch (or 2 ft of snow in this neck of the woods... :^D  )

--
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR/HEAS
Chesterfield, VA USA

Sharpe's Axiom of Murphy's Law