[TCML] New Ground Question. Surface area

If I put one of those cheap battery type clamps on the end of the ground wire to clamp onto the ground rod will that hinder performance? It sounds like you want alot of surface area in a grounding cable. Those clamps (Nickel plated, plastic red and black sleeve, come in two packs at the hardware store) when they clamp down, only touch the ground rod in four thin metal places on the inside of the clamp. Do I need more surface area contacting with the ground rod?