Re: [TCML] Spark Gap quenching fans

Simon Dodd wrote:
Hi guys,

I am having some problems with my quenching fans for my spark gap. They are 12v dc fans funning from a PC power supply. When I turn the system on the fans fire up but as soon as the spark gap starts firing the fans stop working. I have tried moving things around to see if I was getting RFI interference but I am still getting the same problem.

they probably have brushless DC motors using hall effect sensors or back emf to do the commutation, either of which will be totally screwed up by the fields around your coil.