Re: [TCML] Spark Gap quenching fans

Thanks for all your suggestions guys, I think I'm gonna have to go out and get the AC fans instead. I am filtering my mains all over the place already so I don't think I can add any more!!.

Thanks again for all your help

Simon

On 18 Feb 2010, at 21:08, Shaun Epp wrote:

You could try a small linear DC power supply. Radio Shack used to sell 3 amp, 12 volt supplies like that. But, I'd try filtering the incoming power first, to the PC power supply and then to the 12v fan.

Shaun

From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Simon Dodd
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2010 8:44 AM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: [TCML] Spark Gap quenching fans

Hi guys,

I am having some problems with my quenching fans for my spark gap.
They are 12v dc fans funning from a PC power supply.  When I turn the
system on the fans fire up but as soon as the spark gap starts firing
the fans stop working.  I have tried moving things around to see if I
was getting RFI interference but I am still getting the same problem.

THanks in advance for your help.