Re: [TCML] Spark gap for first TC

Tyler Pauly wrote:
How about affixing the third pipe onto another plate of whatever material you choose, G10 for instance.  Put 4 bolts through the two plates, one at each corner.  Place nuts at every entrance/exit to a plate, and fine tune it from there.  If you're able to keep a right angle, it should work just fine, I'd think.

-Tyler

That can work, but I like having just one bolt to adjust..

Hole in side of top tube. Piece of threaded rod sticks through, and you put a nut on the inside and a nut on the outside, and crank it down, with a bit of loctite. You now have a tube with a threaded rod sticking out of the side.

Put another nut on, put it through a hole in the "bridge", and put a 4th nut on.

The two top nuts can be adjusted to move the tube up and down.

The key, I've found, is that you need to be able to adjust the orientaton, as well as the spacing, because it's hard to get them truly parallel at first. I fire mine up with just the NST and get it to just breakdown evenly along the length of the tube.