Re: [TCML] Magnifier topics

Hi Finn

We'll find out  ;^D

I suspect the impedance of the ECFC is so low that it can be viewed as a
strictly
an Impedance Transformer.  The Z transform is a function of turns ratio ^2.
So we
are going with a 16:1 stepdown which as a first order approximation is 256:1
Z reduction.
If your tank Zsurge (looking in from RSG) is 25 ohms, driving impedance of
ECFC is
0.1 ohms.  Have to build up and see if additional harmonic content is
present.

The inductance will be _very_low_, and resistance (1/4" aluminum plate) will
be
sub-milliohm.  In fact, in our utility switchgear work, 1 in^2 copper and
1.25 in^2
aluminum cross section is usually used for 1kA busbars.  The plate cross
section is
~ 5" wide x 1/4" thick (1.25 sq in = 1000A continuous) and ID bus bar is
.25" x 2"
(0.5 sq in = 500A continuous).  If you assume a 5% real duty cycle, heat
rate is
based on square root of 5% (0.22).  So you can handle at a 5% DC ~ 5X steady
state
current with nominal heat rise.  I'm not going to be concerned if  the disk
heats
20-30 deg C above ambient. Perhaps Paul can look at the geometry and see
what
kind of spiders await.

Regards
Dave Sharpe