RE: [TCML] Component Connecting Wiring

The general wisdom is that for the tank circuit - the loop consisting of the gap, primary coil, and capacitor - you want to use something a bit beefier.  I'm sure a good many of us, including myself, are guilty of overkill, but unless your 18 AWG wires are extremely short, they could compromise performance.  How much remains to be seen.  What you have will surely work, won't make a night & day difference and won't burst into flames or anything, but consider upgrading to #12 or #10, and try to keep the interconnect lengths as short as possible.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA