[TCML] Tungsten Trivia (Having trouble cutting? Read on)

Ok so alot of people out there already know this. This post is more aimed at the frustrated. So for about a month now I've been devising a way to cut through a quarter inch tungsten rod. I can finally say I have the ultimate solution. I'm writing this to: shed some light, put some myths to rest, and prove that certain methods are infact cost effective. So everyone knows a diamond wheel is the best way to go when cutting tungsten. Last time I checked though diamond wasnt cheap. So solution number one, trying to cut it with a 4" grinder with a special metal wheel designed for hardened steel. This works... but takes about 15 minutes to get through and creates a lot nastyness. So solution two? Create a notch in the tungsten with a file and use its brittle properties to our advantage. BULL SHIT. Yes tungsten is brittle but I swear if you dont do it just right, you'll mess up your rod. If you dont file deep enough, or swing assertively with your hammer, you'll end up breaking the tungsten at the wrong point, potentially rendering you supply useless if you only have a precise amount of material. But alas, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, so for all of you out there that are still having trouble with this, here is the solution. Diamond wheels are infact obtainable at an extremely reasonable price. I just went out to Lowes and was looking around the tool section. In the Dremel isle in the attachments is a diamond wheel attachment for only $15. It's almost paper thin and cuts through a quarter inch of tungsten in about 5 to 10 seconds. So go out and get yourself a Dremel. Money well spent!