From: Jim Mora [mailto:wavetuner@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, 14 January 2010 9:04 a.m.
Subject: RE: [TCML] Bombarder transformer grounding

Hi Kevin,

I believe a bombardier transformer of that size would not need any Terry-
like filter. If you make a safety gap (advisable in my opinion), make a horn
gap (see achieves) so it blows itself out. You could also aquire a utility
company gap (looks like a big insulator) or big MOV (ditto) suitable for you
highest voltage output. That is how my HV, dry GE transformer (see below)
cabinet is grounded and set up.

Grounding (ah la MOT) the inner winding of the secondary is one option which
would of course means the inner turn of the Tesla Coil primary and Tesla
secondary bottom would be tied together with the bombardier transformer core
and secondary winding.

I would call the engineer and see if the transformer can take that set up.
Otherwise, why not just stoutly ground the core and float the two windings?
Obviously our neon folks can address this better than I.

Regards,
Jim Mora
P.S. please contact me off list me Re: Tungsten